I'm going to the UK. (9)

1 Name: mike !x/zarjg78o : 2017-02-05 17:08 ID:CRU/z3AI [Del]

Does anybody wanna any good advice? I'm coming from Canada and will be traveling with a Visa.

2 Name: Anonymous : 2017-02-05 18:26 ID:yMcYqNl0 [Del]

go to a better country QQ

3 Name: Anonymous : 2017-02-06 16:32 ID:OhQ/Ddhg [Del]

4 Name: Anonymous : 2017-02-07 23:34 ID:4cM7hH6U [Del]

>>1 where are you planning on staying or have you not decided yet?

5 Name: mike !x/zarjg78o : 2017-02-08 01:47 ID:KANO5xMv [Del]

>>4
I'm going from London to the Eden project south west of England near St Austell.

6 Name: Anonymous : 2017-02-08 02:46 ID:4cM7hH6U [Del]

If you're going that way you could consider spending some time in dorset, it's really quite nice. If you go in the summer then on a nice day sandbanks and branksome are lovely beaches, if you're into that. The jurassic coast can make for some breathtaking views if you're up for a hike; lulworth cove is definitely a place worth visiting.

Devon, cornwall, well the south-west in general is very much out in the boonies as it were, there isn't much of a high-energy nightlife or a big music scene out there so if you want any of that then do it while you're in london. However, anything past the student scene venues and genuine dives there are terribly expensive. London is one of the biggest tourist traps around for sure. But if you're planning on staying there any time at all I'd definitely recommend visiting the tate, maybe the globe theatre and the tower of london.

Avoid at all costs: birmingham, milton keynes (while I doubt they even crossed your mind, there are basically zero reasons to ever go to these places and anyone trying to convince you otherwise probably hates you. MK is a strong candidate for the top 10 least interesting cities in the world while birmingham is just an awful place all round)

7 Name: Mike !x/zarjg78o : 2017-02-08 16:20 ID:yMcYqNl0 [Del]

Thanks a bunch, im not to interested in the night life, just mostly treking for a good month or two and then settle down somehwere.
Do you know where perhaps of any other research centres in the UK? I plan on heading a bit north towards Scotland later on aswell. Also trying to figure out where the most afordable places to rent are aswell. thanks :)

8 Name: Anonymous : 2017-02-08 18:32 ID:4cM7hH6U [Del]

The north is cheaper in general if you plan on staying somewhere for any period of time. Rent and living costs are at least 20% cheaper almost everywhere north of london in comparison to the south coast and somewhere close to 40% lower than london itself. I've never bothered with hotels though. Only airbnb and some hostels. While I've been in bristol and edinburgh the cheap hostels were usually somewhere between £15-£20 a night, you can probably expect the same in any northern city... not that I'd recommend staying in manchester, liverpool, or newcastle very highly, but they're alright for a night or two (also you might find the further you go north the harder it is to understand what anyone is saying)

I don't know of any research centres on the eden project's scale myself but there are plenty of world heritage sites and conservation areas, in the south there's stonehenge and brownsea island; there's a few dozen of the places in the country so if you wanted to you could get a map and start drawing lines between the ones that interest you or something.

9 Name: Mike !x/zarjg78o : 2017-02-08 19:09 ID:yMcYqNl0 [Del]

Awesome thank you very much! I'll go ahead and start planning out some things, definatly gives me a better idea on what im looking for and a sense of direction, I'm almost going off a whim right now lol so this helps, thanks.

Name: Link:
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
More options...
Verification: