ITT Weakened Super Powers [Decisions] [Useless] (5)

1 Name: Anonymous : 2017-03-14 20:58

Think of a regular super power, post it here and someone else will limit it in some way, for example a limit to the super power of flying could be that it only can be done 1 hour each day.

Or you can come up with a useless super power, such as being able to move a piece of paper without touching it for 5 seconds once a day.

Write about how will you use your useless or limited super power or even someone other one in the thread.

If I had that paper one, there's some specific circumstances that it would be useful:
  • Get important paper out of filing cabinets without having to open the cabinet
  • Interrupt a lead violinist by making their music fall during a concert
  • Kill someone by getting a newspaper sheet stuck in their windpipe/lungs
  • Win every paper airplane contest
  • Make a car crash with a large sheet over the windshield
    I can't see this being too useful for any plans of world domination or saving people's lives daily, but it could be useful if I was already powerful and in a different non-crime fighting setting as a sort of last resort trick up my sleeve.

To get things rolling here's a regular super power, super strength. I'd be strong enough to lift at least an oil tanker without being crushed or killed.
  • 2 Name: Anonymous : 2017-03-14 21:29

>>1
    When exerting any force greater than what you'd be normally able to, you lose all sensory input (including balance and touch, but not kinesthesia; reflexes still work). This lasts until such a force is no longer exerted.

The best way to make use of such a force would probably be to primarily use it for short, intensive actions (such as throwing large objects) or static actions (keeping a door shut or holding a supertanker (but not actually lifting it or moving around with it)). Blocking or reflecting bullets could also work due to the speed at which it would occur.

My challenge: mind reading, but no "always on" limitations.

3 Name: Anonymous : 2017-03-14 23:09

>>2
    That sounds pretty limiting, still useful though; if I were in great pain I might exert some extra force and be temporally relieved from it. I'd probably try to become either a superhero or a sportsball champion. I'm sure with practice I could throw a ball or hit one without needing that sensory input in something like baseball.

For the mind reading, you can only read on person's mind at a time and only if you have skin to skin contact. Reading a person's mind is more like watching a movie where you experience their emotions/feelings.

I guess I'll choose another one, telekinesis.

4 Name: Anonymous : 2017-03-17 07:12

👯 My super power is I could turn anything into marshmallows.

5 Name: Anonymous : 2017-03-18 04:39

>>4
    But they are the bad kind of marshmallows that are floury and melt too fast.

Name: Link:
    Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
    More options...
    Verification: