Confused by history (8)

1 Name: Anonymous : 2017-06-05 20:52

Did the Sumerians really write, in their historical records, about a group of aliens from Nirubu who came to Earth to mine gold and made humans by editing the genes of apes to include some of their own?

That is just one example of a historical narrative accepted as fact by the scientific community, but the primary sources seem shrouded in mystery. Further examples include supposed references to nuclear war in old Vedic documents and an apparent summarizing of the globe's dimensions in the Giza pyramids.

Most scholars look at this evidence and conclude that humans have been on Earth for millions of years and have had many cycles of advanced civilizations. But what if it was all just mythology and misinterpreted symbolism? What if humans, even the Earth itself, is actually only several thousand years old?!

2 Name: Anonymous : 2017-06-05 21:38

Doesn't certain scientific dating prove the age of the Earth?

3 Name: Anonymous : 2017-06-05 22:05

>>2
How could it? What possible objective reference point could there be to determine such a thing?

4 Name: Anonymous : 2017-06-05 22:26

>>3
I literally know nothing on the subject other than claims of proof that certain rocks or objects are millions of years old.

5 Name: Anonymous : 2017-06-06 05:09

>>4
>>3's argument is probably along the lines of "you can't disprove that the universe was created 5 minutes ago, include our memories of a time in the universe before it's creation."

6 Name: Anonymous : 2017-06-06 06:06

>>5
What is your argument? Something along the lines of being wrong?!

7 Name: Anonymous : 2017-06-06 23:54

>>6
I don't think anybody has the mental effort to argue this.. or the scientific knowledge. Somebody tweet this thread to Neel thegrass Tyson

8 Name: Anonymous : 2017-06-07 09:32

>>7
what hollowed out rock filled with water are you using as a head ?!

Name: Link:
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
More options...
Verification: