Uber vs taxis (19)

1 Name: Anonymous : 2017-09-25 01:01

Taxi drivers are retarded, and work a job that is being replaced because they all suck. Opinions?

2 Name: Anonymous : 2017-09-25 05:54

Uber, Lyft, etc. are le app-based IPO scams and their business model is 100% guaranteed to fail as soon as they stop subsidizing rides and try to make a profit. Let's see:

1. Need to have a clean and safe car
  2. need to not rape and rob
  3. need to work for less than minimum wage with no security or benefits

LOL nope, such people do not exist in numbers large enough for ride sharing app faggotry to be viable.

3 Name: Anonymous : 2017-09-25 19:28

>>2
Won't uneducated and unskilled workers flock for the opportunity even if it's below minimum wage? Some people out there who can't do anything.

4 Name: Anonymous : 2017-09-26 00:39

>>3
You have to be able to drive and have a car. I'd assume that eventually if more and more unskilled drivers attempted to be Uber drivers there would be an incentive for certain government to up the standards of the drivers to at least close to taxi drivers.

>>2
From what I've heard you only work for less than minimum for the time that you're not driving anyone. In the USA they can get away with this because taxi drivers are people who regularly get tips, so it's the same reason that waiters at most restaurants' employers can pay their workers less than minimum wage.

>>1
They'll both be replaced by a self-driving car taxi service.

5 Name: Anonymous : 2017-09-26 02:16

>>4
It's less than minimum wage because of maintenance of your car + time spent traveling to rides. Uber driving is very hard on a car and if your car isn't well-maintained and always smelling nice you will get a low star rating and be dropped.

>>3
If tattooed niggers are picking people up in disgusting shit boxes and raping them when they call for an uber they will stop doing it and use taxis. So uber has to pay enough / have regulations to make only respectable people drive for it, but then the price will go up and people will just use taxis.

Within five years, professional taxi companies will have high quality apps and Uber will be dead. There's simply no conceivable way this won't happen. That is why Uber is an IPO scam.

6 Name: Anonymous : 2017-09-26 04:11

>>5
I don't know man, I love food delivery. They might stick around doing that.

7 Name: Anonymous : 2017-09-26 05:02

>>6
You mean those people who will pick up your food for places that don't have delivery? That's pretty niche and can be mitigated if the place just gets delivery. In fact if people get in the habit of it, said restaurants can just capitalize on those businesses' market once it's big enough by getting a delivery option.

8 Name: Anonymous : 2017-09-26 07:02

>>6
Uber etc. is too late to take over that market, they will never turn a profit.

9 Name: Anonymous : 2017-09-29 04:20

Uber is currently in the final stages of scamming investment money -- since it is obvious even to retards in silicon valley that uber cannot be profitable as a "ride share app" they are now demanding big $$$$ investment so they can "work on making self-driving cars" and ignore profits until bankruptcy.

10 Name: Anonymous : 2017-10-02 07:06

https://stallman.org/uber.html

Stallman has some words on Uber, I think they're pretty neat.

11 Name: Anonymous : 2017-10-03 01:26

>>10
eye opening. i never thought about how their data on you could be subpoenaed in a lawsuit.

12 Name: Anonymous : 2017-10-04 16:29

People don't usually make a living out of it. Theu just use it to make some extra money, being that I think it will last a while

13 Name: Anonymous : 2017-11-16 15:42

uber is cheaper

14 Name: Anonymous : 2017-11-17 17:27

Ive never even remotely understood why what uber does requires uber the company to be involved at all.
Its like they just made the 'PRESS BUTTON DO DA FING' fisher price phone toy and now are scraping up all the money from what amounts to 'send out a message that I need a ride, nearest person to me receiv ing such messages will come pick me up and charge market price for the ride'.

15 Name: Anonymous : 2017-11-20 03:34

>>14
They match up the drivers to the clients. In short they own/pay for the servers that host the application, take certain legal responsibilities, marketing so that clients know about it, upkeep on the application itself and pay the drivers if the customer used paypal (see https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Uber).

16 Name: Anonymous : 2017-11-21 17:54

>>15
yeah, but why does it have to run on their central servers? Why do they need to be the middleman for payment? Its just telling anyone within some miles that you need a ride, then transferring the money. It still sounds like they're just leeching off of human activity they're barely involved with.

17 Name: Anonymous : 2017-11-22 17:59

>why does it have to run on their central servers

where else would it run?

>Why do they need to be the middleman for payment?

because they provide the matching up, maintenance, vetting of drivers and legal responsibilities

>Its just telling anyone within some miles that you need a ride

same thing applies to taxis

>It still sounds like they're just leeching off of human activity they're barely involved with.

you could say the same thing about any larger corporation, just because they are an "internet taxi company" doesn't change that much from the taxi business model. The CEO of some of the larger taxi companies might be in the same way divorced from the drivers and seem like they're leeching off human activity.

How does Uber differ from a taxi company you say?
<ol>
<li>Drivers provide their own car or have a leasing arrangement for a car. In a taxi company the drivers pay a set amount to rent the company car (at least the ones I've spoken with). I assume that both Uber and taxi companies take a set amount/percentage of what the drivers collect.
<li>Uber drivers have less requirements to be drivers than taxi drivers.
<li>Uber drivers are paid by the hour when they are not driving someone; I don't know what the case is for the average taxi company.
<li>Uber has "dynamic pricing" so the same route will cost different amounts depending upon supply of drivers vs amount of riders.
<li>Scheduling mishaps aside, the taxi company always has someone on duty while Uber drivers are not necessarily going to be in your area.
<li>Uber considers their drivers as independent contractors as opposed to employees, except in areas where this is legally disputed. Taxi drivers are employees.
</ol>
Now imagine if instead of using Uber the driver tried to provide their own one car taxi service; they'd first have to get the word out in their local area. They'd need to negotiate their rates via the phone or in person to make sure they cover wear and tear, gas, insurance etc. They'd need to get customers to trust them enough to ride with them. Eventually they would also run into laws that regulate companies in certain areas. As an example there are two taxi companies in my county, so someone would need to go through a bunch of paperwork to legally operate another taxi company here. Said laws were written for brick and mortar businesses so Uber has run into some legal disputes, the drivers themselves can avoid this issue and <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uber_protests_and_legal_actions">let Uber deal with it</a>. Uber also takes care of the advertising, trust and certain insurance aspects. Without Uber's framework the drivers would not have given these rides and instead done something else or become employed at a taxi company.

18 Name: Anonymous : 2017-11-23 13:56

>>17
This still doesnt really sound convincing. A regular taxi company at least owns and maintains the cars. Again, why do you need this company or their services to do this? Its not like the alternative here is a one man taxi company asking for people to phone him. Uber "provides" the matchmaking via an infinitely copyable piece of software. Theres no big reason software that sees who else with it is nearby and asks for the nearest one really has to work in such a way that it can only run on their servers. The need for Uber the company is artificial, they're just a leech.

19 Name: Anonymous : 2017-11-24 03:45

>>18
Are you suggesting that since Uber and other companies such as Lyft are making money off of maintaining said app, which is the real work the company is doing, someone could make a free app that does the same thing and put them out of business?

Name: Link:
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
More options...
Verification: